Monday 21 April 2014

I need a holiday!

Technically I have just returned from a holiday in Scotland but lordy, I need another one to recover! We drove so much, fitted in so many sights and slept in a different bed each night. That, my dearest ones is not a holiday to me, not anymore, I like to have a base, a bed I get used to, go on adventures and return to a pub I like etc.. there needs to be an element of getting familiar with a place.

I have slept away the weekend (wow, I sound so old!!) and now it's time to get back into life. I have lots of photos and places I want to share with you. The garden has exploded into life whilst we were away, so you know I have photos of that, plus we are going to the allotment today...

I hope you have all had a great time over the last week and are enjoying the time off, if you are a reader with a blog, I will catch up! In the meantime thank you for the comments and the love you left for me on my last posts xx

Here's a wee photo of us in the Ben Nevis area; I can't remember all the names of the places, sorry.
Hugs and love,
Your Carrie x

Normal service shall resume soon :)

8 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. It's good to see that you enjoyed yourselves.
    Take care, and happy gardening. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can get some "get your fingers in the dirt" therapy. Yesterday, I had a lovely day in my vegetable garden getting ready to plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely whatever it's called. Can't wait for all the pics x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a selfie?

    We had a lovely holiday in Scotland a couple of years ago - in a cottage on the shore of Loch Ness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good holiday, I know what you mean about needing another one to recover. That's a lovely photo of you both. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute photo of the 2 of you!! So glad you had a lovely holiday but I hear ya on traveling...it can be exhausting in its own way! All the best to you this week...can't wait to see the explosion in the garden! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, welcome back, Carrie! I know that feeling of utter exhaustion, but at least you have wonderful memories and posts to write and pictures to share. Plus, looking forward to seeing the spring growth at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to see you enjoying yourselves! I have fond memories of a Scottish holiday - where I found the name Rest and Be Thankful for my blue garden bench corner by the pond.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x