Thursday 17 April 2014

Happy days project :)

I thought I would share this for a bit of fun. On instagram there is a hashtag for 100 happy days, which, if you take part, makes you feel compelled to take a photo each day of something (no matter how small) that made you smile.

I feel it's very important for everyone to stop and truly appreciate these moments but even more so for those of us who have depression. It's all to easy to say 'nothing happened today' or 'what another awful day' etc.

So... Days 1-5


Days 6-10


There are little quips about each one if you look on my Instagram account and plenty more photos that I just didn't tag for this as they happened on the same day. Watch out for some fabulous ones of Maggie - especially 'Pirate Maggie' and 'That Cat'

Days 11-15


Days 16-20

I'll update you with the next 20 soon...including some Scotland - hurrah. We all need #happy in our lives :)

12 comments:

  1. Really lovely photos Carrie, you've got a real knack for getting beautiful shots. It's good to be on the look out for little bits of happiness. I hope you have a good Easter. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CJ - photography has always been a love of mine. I did it way back in school and loved developing my own film and photos. Now it's digital all the way and I couldn't go back :) Golly I love my phone and instagram too!
      Hope you have had a great Easter break xxx

      Delete
  2. What a fun project, Carrie. Each of your Happy images makes me want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all come from my instagram account where there is a little bit of info on each photo...though I guess my happy moments mean something only to me really - the feelings that went with that moment can't be explained xx
      http://instagram.com/chrryblossomtat2

      Delete
  3. Great idea to add them to the blog. I may do the same, or perhaps Facebook. The project is really making me see at least one good thing a day, and I've managed it for 25 days now too. Thanks for sharing your happy moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do, do share them! Sometimes it so so hard to find the happy, right? but this forces you and lo! there's always something xxx

      Delete
  4. What a fun post, with lots of terrific photos. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. It makes we wish I had gotten involved in this. I haven't any pictures in ages and the idea of taking of what makes you smile is a good way to started again.

    Regarding your pictures. I liked them all, but the ones that really made me smile are: 3, 8, 11, and 16. the one of you standing in your boots over what looks like a dandelion and the one of bath-Maggie had me grinning like an idiot:~) I look forward to MORE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no timeline! You just have to go to http://www.100happydays.com and put your details in and they save them all together then you can get a book of your photos (probably going to cost £milliions but..)
      People are all over the place on different days and after this 100, I plan to do more. Join in!

      I will share more here or you can check up on me on me http://instagram.com/chrryblossomtat2

      Hugs xx

      Delete
  6. Yes indeed, we do need 'happy' in our lives. the more we have, the better for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have put it better Jennifer! Sometimes we have to really look for those moments but they are there xxx

      Delete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x