Thursday 21 August 2008

Potatoes, again

Also last night, we dug up the rest of our Maris Piper potatoes. It was so much fun, I felt like a treasure hunter (geeky I know, but true). There were some whoppers but generally they were all a good size. We worked out that the totally disgusting mushy one in the middle was the original seed potato, thank goodness I was wearing gloves, some were so gross and squidgy I would hate to have touched them with my bare hands - yuck. It's right what they say about them breaking up the soil, tough I think all the digging and furtling around to get them all out helps a bit.

We put them all on the floor of the shed to dry out and then I guess we'll have to decide what to do with them all. We aren't much of a potato couple! Of course there are a million things to be done with the humble potato, and we're Irish for goodness sake so we ought to know. If only my grandmother (Nana) was still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x