Thursday, 17 February 2011

Okay Okay.....

Right, we haven't been sitting on our hands (well Andrew hasn't, I sort of have after the tattoo experience - I can't get it dirty or wear gloves at the moment)!!!!

The allotment, has been looked at. I really did fear, it would be a 'I don't think we're in Kanas anymore' situation and that there would be ruby red slippers poking out from under the shed - the wind, oh lordy, the wind has been terrible. But no, our humble plots were not worse for the wear, in fact, nothing had moved. There is a theory in my mind that everything on our plots has sort of given up, allowed itself to become infected by our own lethargy and thus even the elements couldn't shift a thing over there - oh dear!

So, no camera and utterly freezing you will just have to take my word of it when I tell you what work we (and my that I mean Andrew) did last weekend.
  1. The plots were given a general tidy and rubbish put in the bin etc.
  2. A raised bed was dug over. Another neighbouring one will be done this weekend and they shall be the spud beds - yippppeeee! However there are lots of Leeks in the second neighbouring one so they need dug out with love first - I'll do that (I love harvesting)
  3. The Roses were pruned and all dead leaves were lifted as disease still lingers within them my friends - be vigilant!
  4. The Garlic was seen to be poking through!!! WHAT! Yes the garlic we thought had given up the ghost and thus we (again I mean Andrew) planted lots more are doing okay - again can I have a collective Hoorah!!? We shall have loads and loads of garlic again this year then - hahaha, take that Vampires!
  5. Lastly, the Raspberry canes were tidied up and tied in.
  6. The whole place was given a darn good looking at.
Don't believe me??? I shall over do it with the photographs this weekend and then you will be in no doubt. Watch out - next week this blog will just be a load of photos everyday and maybe a word here and there if you're lucky. Oh, apart from tomorrow, that is, when I shall reveal the planted beech hedglings - what??! did I hear you 'eeek!' with joy - I think I did ;)............

6 comments:

  1. If the whole garden is left abandoned..., compost heap ( a man castle) will thrive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our garlic in thegreenhouse did the same thing nothing for ages and now it's racing skywards!

    We still hacve a string hung in the porch from last year's harvest so are well protected from the dark ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh... i must try and get my roses pruned too. I have been so obsessed with the vegetable garden i hadn't even given the flower gardens a thought... thanks for reminding me Carrie.
    I'm looking forward to some pictures next week!! Especially of your beech hedge! :)
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the piccies :)
    Great post.Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh youse have been busy, my poor garden is sitting idle at the moment, college puts everything on hold, I so cant wait to get back into it!

    Although im not as productive as youse Im not a big eater of veg and hence its flowers I grow...

    http://amg-arts.blogspot.com/2010/12/everything-is-buried-under-snow-garden.html

    www.amg-arts.com

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

I love to have visitors but LOVE it even more when they leave a little nugget of happiness behind in the form of a comment. I thank you for taking the time to send a little joy my way xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...