Friday 7 August 2009

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only a day away.....

The Family Fun Day is tomorrow. Oh, I hope it's a good one. Andrew was a committee meeting through the week and I think the vibes are good. I think we have almost everything ready to go. Here are some things left to do:

  1. Start gathering up other Eden lottie folk's produce for the Association stall. We starting that tonight, oh, I do hope people are generous and give what they can.

  2. Get hold of newspaper to wrap up veggies in to sell, oh, crap AND bags from somewhere AND I wanted to pretty up the jam jar tops with quaint material and raffia...

  3. Stop constantly checking the weather forecast and just try to believe the man when he says, "Saturday in Northern Ireland is shaping up to look like a nice day". We have clear skies and a lovely symbols saying 14 and 18 (meaning degrees) for the morning/afternoon.

  4. Try not to think about the fact that we have our Dublin Allotment friends coming up to see us on the same day!!! They will need to be treated like stars and shown a really good time and we must smile through any fun day disasters in front of them.

  5. Tidy up our plots!!!! Good grief the amount of weeds and dead leaves on A24a and A14b are ridiculous; shame on us.
So, Andrew is rushing home from work today and we're collecting things from people (He was on the phone doing committee stuff last night, I try to stay out of private phone calls but he was sitting right beside me and had turned the TV to mute - what was I to do? Stick my fingers in my ears and hum? In my own house! ~ never) on the way to the lotties, where we'll hopefully be collecting other stuff from other people.


Golly, are 'fun days' always so stress filled? Kind of goes against the whole ethos, eh? Ah well the day itself should be great fun, everyone welcome, don't forget 12 - 4 pm. It's going to be, quite frankly, the party place to be seen at.

5 comments:

  1. Carrie, everything will be fine, and have FUN. ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having a party, will anyone turn up?Have I got enough to drink, eat? Will everyone have a good time? And then they do, we have and they sure did, and I think why don't we do this more often?
    What you are suffering from is pre-party nerves. It will be fine - no it will be great!
    Have a lovely day. Can't wait for you to blog all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie and Andrew have a wonderful fun filled day. You have worked hard and I really hope the weather is gorgeous for you all. Lot's of pics and news next week please.

    Good Luck with it all.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie I'm sure it will all go off really well. I wish you every success with the day and look forward to reading about it.

    All the best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's brilliant! I wish you a great day for your celebration of national allotment week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x