Wednesday 22 May 2013

Start of a Beanstalk

Fabulous goings on at the allotments 2 weekends ago. I do apologise for my tardiness in writing, sadly depression and such things do take one's concentration and motivation away and for me the lottie hasn't been on my mind. I do care, don't get me wrong but with my mental health difficulties I do feel, well nothing a lot of the time about everything - numb; that's a good word for it.

So here is some happiness on the plots that I photographed but never felt strong enough to post....

24a

Wow, plot 24a is looking good. We are so glad we changed it from a plot with 8 planting areas to one with 4, it's cleaner and easier to look after - love it! Can't wait to get the gravel down to make the path safer and less slippy - *shakes fist at the clay and lack of good drainage in the field*. Here we see (far bed, left to right) Peas, Broad Beans and Garlic. And in the closer bed there are Spuds which are now coming through - wow I am so far behind with blogging - sorry.

my favourite photo this year - just look how it wants to grow and get itself strong and tall!
There are blossoms on all the fruit trees and the sweet peas are planted, plus we have lots more seedlings in the back garden hardening off and some sown direct but I'll talk about them another time. For now our attentions are focused on finding some well priced gravel to put down as a path on 24a and to get rid of the weeds growing in the patio area and the paths in 14b. I've heard vinegar might be good - I'll try it before I try any more drastic measures - have to try and keep the place safe for Maggie the wonder Dog.

14b

A load of produce to take home (but we haven't eaten it yet) Purple Sprouting Broccoli, yes it's been attacked by all the pests of the day but we were just happy it survived at all. There is loads more :)


Chives galore and a really healthy artichoke plant...

A before and after of the flower bed - I worked so darn hard on this!!
Really need to sort out that 14b sign *blush*

Gooseberries are coming, rhubarb is still giving and the summer raspberries have settled into their new home happily.

Love and Hugs


6 comments:

  1. Have you tried stroking a new pea tendril - apparently this stimulates it into curling! Jusr a bit of useless information - I'm good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I do so love this time of year. And that flower bed, wow, you did work hard. I never get tired of hearing what is coming up in spring, it's a time of looking forward I think. Hope you are feeling okay and that the sun shines on you. Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all looking, and sounding, good. Happy gardening, Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful garden! I love before and after shots! I can't wait to see what you are able to grow this year. Happy to have just found your blog today.

    KK

    www.preppypinkcrocodile.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful picture of the pea tendril, love that one.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x