Thursday 27 November 2014

I'm still here

It's been a long time since I wrote to you my lovely friends. I hope that in my absence you have all been well, merrily busy with Christmas plans and just plain content in your souls. Anyone out there who has also written a blog recently - I promise I will try to get caught up with your adventures as soon as I can.

My dears I am afraid I have had problems with my medication and ended up in minor anaphylactic shock some weeks back, it's taken a while to recover and on top of that I have started another new medication and in the meantime have had a bit of a nervous breakdown. Lordy, it doesn't rain but it pours. Today is the first day in a goodly while where I have been able to look after myself and think sort of straight.

I feel I would also like to share that fact that a close relative has/is going through hell. It was late in day when this dear person found out they had Cancer, it fact they were to discover that it was already in many places in the body and was a particularly aggressive kind. The future looks bleak and thus I haven't felt like writing, nor will I feel like it for a time, sometimes the allotment simply isn't important.

Oh a side note Andrew and I have been nesting in our lovely home and trying to cope with the stresses and worries by making the kitchen, dining room and living room more beautiful and less cluttered. It is wonderful to have these distractions. Here is where I can introduce some colour and light into this post and share a treasury I did on the theme of our paint choice for the kitchen - 'Overtly Olive'. It's a simple and silly thing I love to do on Etsy, making these treasuries as they are called.


Much love and best wishes. I hope to be in a position to write again in the next weeks but until then, tell those that matter you love them, fill your lives with joyous and even silly pursuits and simply enjoy each day as it comes xxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Sorry that you have had such a bad time - take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your bad news, Carrie. Hope your medication is adjusted and you are all right in that. Will think of you often while you are off the blog and pray for peace and comfort for all. Your project is great distraction and your portrayal of the colors is great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to see that that things haven't been too good one way and another lately and hope that it all improves soon. Take care, and hugs. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that you haven't been well. Hope all gets well soon. And hope your relative is blessed with a miracle and recovers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, to hear you bad news. It must have made things seem even more depressing. I've been going through a tough time myself. Deep, deep depression like I haven't felt in years and this feeling of dread hanging over me. My husband has been ill and that hasn't helped. I'm still managing to get to work every day, but I'm feeling like I'm working really hard to just maintain. I hope you feel better soon and I'm so sorry for your dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned something important from you in the times I've been visiting here. You are resilient and, although you struggle at times, you always manage to come back. I have faith you will do so this time. I also appreciate what you did with this post of various shades of olive!

    That said, I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well and I know the news about your relative must be scary. But keep in mind, there are a lot more treatments for cancer than ever before and some even for aggressive cancer. It isn't always the death sentence we used to think it was.

    I will miss you. In the meantime, rest like the tiny bulbs sitting under the soil at your allotments. I know when you're ready, you'll pull your way through the dirt and rise up to meet the warm sunshine. Peace be with you, Carrie:~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Carrie, I was wondering where you had gone. Come back soon, we miss you! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sending you happy cozy winter vibes and good wishes. We have someone ill with cancer, too and several people I know are suffering because of their close beloved people passing away,one of them quite tragically. It puts life into a completely different perspective. I wish you well and I hope all gets better soon. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie, I somehow missed this post, you have had such a tough time of it. Sometimes all you can do is hang on. You are in my thoughts my friend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x