Friday 29 August 2014

it's crystal clear

Waking up from a nap I most certainly needed I was shocked to find my brain telling me 'this is where you need to be'. Usually my brain and I are at odds, it yelling that I can do everything and more and my body yelling out in exhaustion. This acceptance of my limits felt great.

Why are we so hard on ourselves? I feel so terribly guilty that
1 my house is a mess
2 I haven't been to the Lottie in weeks
3 there are projects laying unfinished
4 Maggie is bored
5 items need to be reviewed and some read

I have a temperature, can barely stand up but still until my sleep I had to fix all of the above...and all at once, all now!

The only reason I'm telling you this is because in this moment of clarity I want it noted - we need to look after ourselves. The desire to always appear busy, popular or some sort of superperson able to do it all, has to stop. We're only human.

Now, some more paracetamol and back to napping... :)

9 comments:

  1. Very wise. I like to ask myself 'will anybody actually die if I don't finish my to do list?' Luckily I'm not a heart surgeon or similar so the answer is generally no ;) Lauran x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I use the same analogy ( no one is going to die by me not filling the dish washer etc) xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree but the only trouble is I don;t cope well with inactivity as if my brain is allowed time off it dwells on things I don't want it to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, that's the hardest part to deal with.

      Delete
  3. You're so right Carrie. I always push myself on, but I need to look after myself. No-one else will tell me to do it, and it won't help anyone if I don't make the effort. Thanks for the reminder, and I do hope you're feeling better soon. In the meantime, take it easy. Everything can wait, you are what is important. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. let your body have the rest and time it needs to recover.
    May you wake up feeling refreshed, and better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't is amazing the healing power of sleep:~) I really liked what Anonymous said. I guess it isn't so easy for emergency doctors to ask that question! But for the rest of us, it is a good question to ask and usually the answer is NO...

    Enjoy your sleep. Let it do its work and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you're feeling better. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you doing now? Allotment therapy is just the ticket this time of year.. just for a potter around and some picking?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x