Tuesday 19 April 2011

Blossoms and panic

Andrew and I had a fabulous few days in Co Kerry there, down on Valentia Island. Okay the 6.5 hrs in the car was a little much but the island and meeting up with my lovely friend Rosemary made up for it all. I can honestly say that I felt well there for a whole day and a morning, smiling, laughing, taking photos once again, eating amazing food and just being me with people I love.

As usual though with every high there is a low and now I am going through one of thoser periods. Much is to do with tiredness but then lots is to do with being mentally ill (which I often over look and deny).

We went to the alllotment last night after dinner, yes people have indeed commented on how our usually neat and tidy plot looks a little like a small bomb has hit it. Give us a break, please!! We have a lot on these days with the house, garden, the Market on Sundays [have you checked out Cherry Blossom Tattoo?? - I am cheeky]. We took down some very happy celeriac seedlings that had grown up strong in no time and put them in the cold frame and got to work cutting the grass and weeding like mad people ( just manically fast not foaming at the mouth or anything, lol).

Well here are some photos that ought to cheer the most low of  us all - new life, new hope......





 








and Maggie :)

Lavendar to help calm me down
I had a big panic attack whilst there, which breaks my heart. It took me a few mintues to get out of the car in the first place and then as soon as I saw a couple of other people coming to water plants etc I just freaked out. I don't know what is worse, the panic attack itself or the feeling of embarassment and stupidity one feels at the same time. Anyhow, I ended up hiding in the shed and then we had to go home. At least this card by Edward Monkton always makes me smile through the tears....

 Ah well the ups and downs. At least I have photos of gorgeous tulips, happy Sweet Williams and the spuds starting to peek through and say 'hello'.

 









 

Hope all is well with your little seedlings and your fruit trees are heavy with beautiful flowers too x

3 comments:

  1. Blossom is always uplifting! My siter has the same sort of problem especially where lots of people are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better today, you take such lovely pics and your allotment etc looks great from where I'm sat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie,

    I am glad you had the good day. It sounded so nice. You obviously had lots of fun.

    Regarding the panic attack. I have friends who experienced them. They all said they are scary, but you just have to wait them out. You got through yours and that's what's important:~)

    Your flowers look lovely and I like the picture of Maggie:~)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x