Friday, 3 December 2010

My olibigatory 'It's been snowing!' blogette

Yes, it snowed, make that snew (a better word I think), last night and all morning today -hurrah sort of. I mean it's darned pretty you can't deny that, anything that covers over all the dirt and makes things clean and sparkly always goes down well with me but I don't have that same kiddie feeling of, oh let's have a snowball fight or try to sledge, no I am old now :(.  Now I think, crap how much gas am I going to use up heating this house today?, is Andrew okay on those roads?, what about Mamma G?? In general, I adore snow ~ in pictures, from a plane (I have seen Everest from above!!!) on Christmas cards etc but put it outside my door and I get a bit peeved. I have trouble enough walking about with the old double vision without contending with slippery surfaces and everything looking the same - sheesh!

But what does make me super happy is Maggie + the snow. Everytime it falls, it's like the first time she has ever seen it - here she is going out for a quick pee. Runs over and pees then runs back but stops, does a circle, stares at ground, turns round, stares up at me and then the rest of the photos are a total blur as she went crazy running back and forth. Oh I love her - she cracks me up.

I also adore the shape of snowflakes -
here is one I made last week
and here is my favourite ever, sent from Canada by the ever adorable Joy as part of our moving in/Christmas pressie (hugs to you Joy!) How it sparkles! I adore it! This was taken this morning but now, by candle light it is even nicer :)
So no Lottie news as usual, haven't been in ages now, what with the weather and my feeling mentally ill lots. But look what we're eating tonight - one of our own pumpkins :) I can't wait and ooops, in fact it's go.
Love as always, stay warm xxx


  1. Have you seen these folded paper flowers?
    Similar technique to your snowflake?

  2. I'm with you on the subject of snow - very picturesque but I don't want to have to be out in it or have anyone I care about in it either. If we are all snug unside I can cope!

  3. I sometimes wish that I could hibernate in weather like this!
    Take care and stay warm. Flighty xx

  4. The attraction does wear off quickly. I remembered to check our heating oil yesterday and just in time, we should be ok until the delivery arrives!


I love to have visitors but LOVE it even more when they leave a little nugget of happiness behind in the form of a comment. I thank you for taking the time to send a little joy my way xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...