Saturday 12 December 2009

Love Food, Hate Waste

It was Flighty who introduced me to this website and project, click on the button over on the right side there. I think it is being run in Wales and England but it most definately applies to everyone, everywhere. We shouldn't waste food!!! I know, I know - who am I to preach? I have had raspberries go mouldy in the fridge, have been careless when lifting parsnips and pulled out young ones which I let die, I often don't finish everything on the plate etc. So this goes for me too - TRY TO STOP WASTING FOOD!!

There are people in the world dying every bloody day, every minute because they are literally starving. Not 'oh, I'm hungry, I think I'll get a biscuit' but 'Oh (too weak to talk)' hungry.

Those of us who do Grow Our Own have the prefect excuse to eat well and not waste food. For instance 2 nights in a row this past week Andrew and I had lottie soup. It was thick potato (Maris Piper *whisper this bit ~ bought in, we've run out of our own, shame*), Carrot (rainbow ones ~ yummy) and Leek. Goregous. During the week we also had our own Beetroot and our own Runner Beans (from the freezer - OH my! a taste of Summer) along with loads of other stuff we've grown.

Anyway Love Food, Hate Waste; seems like a good slogan to me xx

3 comments:

  1. My previous comment disappeared -- perhaps you'll find it. What I said was that I loved your decors, especially the hearts on the tree.

    I mentioned WO, grand that you agreed to get the word out.

    And I asked if you knew that Stuart visited?

    Around the World in 80 Blogs

    If my link doesn't work, you'll need to find his blog on Blotanical.

    I am totally inept this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nell Jean - you under estimate yourself. Your comment is here and the link works! You are an angel I had no idea about Stuart visiting me so I'm off to see that. Plus thank you for your comments on my decorations, I made the hearts the year I got engaged to Andrew, there is one with an A on it at the top and one with a C on the bottom. Big hugs. I'll visit you on Blotanicals later too so you know I got your comment and you can see my reply xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the mention and well done on doing a post about this!
    You're not the only one who's run out of their own potatoes, all I've got left now are a few onions. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x