Monday 19 January 2009

A little moment of clarity

I don't work, study, have children or keep the best home; tidy and clean with dinner on the table every night for the hubby.

I am disabled, both mentally and physically. It pains me immensely to write that, to even admit it to myself, never mind anyone else.

But.

I have abilities too. I love my husband more than words can say, I care greatly for my friends, family and fellow man. I am passionate, empathic, sympathetic, keep trusted secrets and always try my best.

These things have no economic value therefore I believe they are not taken seriously. I certainly forget to list them in any description of myself (which are totally negative). But, surely they have meaning and are worth something - right? Surely I then have worth too?

Mindfulness is something I am trying to practice and looking back on the day I have fragmented it into moments, not minutes and hours. It makes the day seem longer (the bad parts and the good) but the outcome of this ~ I lived today. And I believe it was because I was in touch with nature, in touch with life itself.

3 comments:

  1. "I love my husband more than words can say, I care greatly for my friends, family and fellow man. I am passionate, empathic, sympathetic, keep trusted secrets and always try my best."
    "...surely they have meaning and are worth something - right?"

    I have a hard time imagining anything of greater value...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment hobomike, that means so much to me; big baby that i am - you've got me teary.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x